Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Monday!

Some Nina Simone for your bluesy Monday.



The little one hit the 3 month old mark this weekend and slept through the night last night without waking up to eat once. About 10 hours of blissful freedom and much needed sleep. I don't want to get too excited, because tonight he may resume waking up every 2 hours to eat....but... I kind of feel like I'm living this Nina Simone song today and decided maybe I would finally start this little here blog that I've been wanting to work on for some time.

Danielle at Sometimes Sweet posted about 5 goals to work on for the week and inspired me to come up with a list of my own. The categories are nutrition, exercise, relationships, creativity, and me-time. This last one has proven especially difficult with a new baby, but everyone knows happy parents are the best parents, so I'm going to try to squeak in some time for myself every day.

Nutrition: Make a plan for the garden we're going to do in our backyard and begin to get plants in the ground as soon as the rain stops. That way we'll have fresh vegetables, herbs and fruit all summer and hopefully beyond.

Exercise:
Add some in every day, the rain has made getting out for walks every day a little difficult, but when baby is napping I try to throw in some weight lifting.

Relationships:
Help foster my partner's creativity and goals as well, he has been really amazing at working to give me some breaks to do things I love and he deserves the same in return.

Creativity:
Sewing. It's been ages.

Me-Time:
Read more, maybe try hitting one of the meetings of book clubs whose reading selections I've been eying for awhile.

2 comments: